Use This Checklist to Keep Your Bathroom Clean Around the Clock
Don’t try to do a deep clean every week. You will never be able to stick to it, and instead, your bathroom will get neglected. That’s how the dirt and grime start to build up.
Rather, clean your bathroom daily, but break it down by task or area. Here is a comprehensive schedule for cleaning your bathroom that breaks down exactly what to clean each day:
- Monday: Clean the toilet. Take everything off the counters, and wipe them down with a clean cloth.
- Tuesday: Vacuum/sweep and mop the floors.
- Wednesday: Scrub the bathtub, shower curtain, shower and any fixtures. Be sure to remove all items from the tub/shower so you don’t leave any dirt behind.
- Thursday: Clean the toilet. (The toilet may need to be cleaned more than twice a week, depending on how many people are sharing the bathroom.) Take out the bathroom trash.
- Friday: Use Windex or another glass cleaner on the mirrors. Wipe any windowsills, and dust shelves and/or racks.
- Saturday/Sunday: Weekends are for relaxation, so just maintain everything that you did during the week. For instance, you might need to wipe down the counters again, clean the toilet or empty the trash.
Items to Make the Job Speedier
Microfiber cloths will be your best friend. They are great for surfaces and mirrors. Plus, they are eco-friendly, since you can clean them in between uses.
Leave-in toilet bowl cleaners are also a great option to keep the toilet fresh between cleanings. They don’t replace a good scrub, but they at least will help maintain cleanliness and hygiene.
A cordless, handheld vacuum is the best way to clean bathrooms that are especially small. It will help you get to hard-to-reach areas around the toilet. Lots of these vacuums come with wall mounts, so you can even store one in your bathroom for easy access.
Use this checklist each week to help keep your bathroom clean around the clock. You can mix up what chores you do on which days depending on your schedule. Or, if you have busy weeks, go ahead and swap certain days with weekends. Whatever works best for your lifestyle is fine.
Looking for even more tips to keep your house clean? Give us a call today! We have lots of advice to share.